March 17, 2020 | 10.00 - 18.00
Russian Arbitration Day (RAD) – one of the most successful arbitration conferences in Russia.
Organizers of RAD: the Russian Arbitration Center at the Russian Institute of Modern Arbitration and educational project LF Academy.
Conference languages: Russian, English.
|8:30 – 9:30
||Accreditation. Welcome coffee break
|9:30 – 12:00
||Section 1. Investment Arbitration. Moderator – Roman Khodykin
- Toby Landau QC. Dysfunctional Deliberations and Effective Advocacy.
- Timur Abushakhmanov. Extinctive Prescription in Investor-State Dispute Settlement.
- Elena Burova. Investment Arbitration as a Two-Line Highway: Counterclaims by States against Investors in Light of the Recent Arbitral Practice and New Generation Investment Treaties.
- Scott Vesel. Reasons for Reasons: Implications for ICSID Annulment of the Procedural Nature of the Requirement to State Reasons.
- David W. Rivkin. A New Contract Between Arbitrators and Parties.
|12:00 – 13:00
|13:00 – 15:30
||Section 2. General Issues in Arbitration. Moderator – Alexey Zhiltsov
- Stavros Brekoulakis. Transnational Public Policy in International Arbitration.
- D.A. Pentsov. Future of Trust Arbitration in Russia.
- Stephane Bonifassi, Nadia Darwazeh, Elena Fedorova. Toolkit for Arbitrators: Guidelines on Corruption and Money Laundering in International Arbitration.
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Kröll. Arbitrating with insolvent parties within the EU different perspectives on the conflict of laws questions?!
- Simon Patrick Camilleri, Daria Sakhno. English Loopholes and Russian Bankruptcies.
|15:30 – 16:00
|16:00 – 18:00
||Section 3. Procedural Issues in International Arbitration. Moderator – Anton Asoskov
- Sergey Ivanov, Anton Shagalov. Cross-Institutional Consolidation of Arbitral Proceedings.
- Dmitry Andreev. Remission in Arbitration: Theory and Practice.
- Natalia Kisliakova. In Search of a Balance Between Due Process, Procedural Efficiency and Party Autonomy: the Example of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
- Gary Born. Pathological Arbitration Clauses: Correcting the Mythology.
|18:00 – 19:00
Participation Fee: 1 000 Russian rubles.
Payment is available from legal and individual entities.
Registration is available here.